logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BSA2  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
BSA2

Any tips on the Nextgen platform greatly appreciated...
benjik  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
benjik

IM TRYING TO DESIGN MY POOL WITH (PRO HOME DESIGN SUITE PLATINUM V.12) IS IT POSSIBLE WITH THIS SOFTWARE..PLEASE HELP ME IM JUST ABOUT TO BUILD MY HOUSE..THANKYOU
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi benjik,

according with the list of power tools included with this version, the pool designer power tool is not part of Plat12
Anyway, you can develop a pool with the 3D workshop (or develop an existing pool object)

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
holland, dave  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
holland, dave

I currently have a dell 2400 with 2G memory running WXPH. I too suffer from slowness, design image disappearing (replaced by a brown foot print) up or down pausing during scrolling,losing an object while dragging it (screen goes white for several seconds), 3D image losing all but one color, to name several irritations. Can there be termites in my 8 yr. old punch? Do I not have enough memory (problems increase as design goes on). I am looking at an upgrade to my platinum 8 and or a new computer with 8G memory. Punch design is a hobby I don't want to do without. I have designed over 50 houses.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi dave holland,

I also have a computer with 2Gb ram and XP, and run several Punch versions (old and new), without problems

I'd suggest a general maintenace and update
1 - Check the website of your video card manufacturer and update the drivers

2 - Go to the video setup on your PC (may be different for different versions of Windows and video card); for most, click on an empty part of the windows Desktop, click on Settings->Advanced->Troubleshoot). Back the accelerations slider to the left, one level each time and see if the problem dissapears

3 - Right click on the wallpaper (look for a place without icons)--> Properties--> Settings--> Advanced--> Open GL--> Compatibility Settings--> Force 16 bits--> Apply--> OK

4 - Set your video color depth at 24 or 32 bits ("true color")

5 - Go to www.microsoft.com/directx, and see what version is current and check if you have this version installed in your computer

6 - Some NVidia card users reported additional problems--> in this case change the color settings from 32 bit to 16 bit

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store