logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Punchee  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Punchee

OK, I'm happy again. I solved my graphics problem by going to the Acer site and downloading the as-shipped Intel GMA driver. My advice is to be very careful about doing driver updates to your graphics hardware. The latest GMA driver from Intel screws up 3D Finding and Selecting in Punch Plat v12. Now I may even consider upgrading to H&LDS v14 with the NexGen software (ooh ahh).
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Punchee,

There are several considerations regarding drivers and updates, specially because some drivers cannot be uninstalled or they don't match the OS or they don't exist
For example, one of my Customers got a brand new computer, with Windows 7 and a brand new ATI Diamond 512 Mb VC. This all was provided and assembled by HP. The big surprise was that there are not Diamond drivers for Windows 7!!! so, the VC works very bad or it doesn't work at all

Also, some new drivers work great with games but very bad with DirectX apps,as Punch

You will find lots of interesting discussions regarding this issue, perform a search with the words "video card"
Specially, I'd recommend this discussion
Patricia G., "AS 5000 programmed for Quad core processors?" #3, 7 Jan 2008 1:29 pm

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store