logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi raymond eytcheson

Is the baseboard, the crown molding or both?

Try this--> open a new file --> draw a stand alone wall --> apply the trim

If you see the trim in the above example, then return to your plan and verify if the walls' elevation are above the floor level

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
eytcheson, raymond  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
eytcheson, raymond

followed your suggestion. Interior walls set at zero automatically generated trim. THANKS Exterior walls at same elevation refuse to trim. Confused, but happy that someone helped.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi raymond eytcheson

Glad to help :-)

But we should clarify some points: in your OP, you mentioned "apply trim", this is different of the automatic baseboard of the interior walls
The interior walls have they trims generated automatically, but for the exterior walls, you need to apply it manually--> in the tabs of the right of the screen --> Trim--> Select the type of trim (base, crown, etc)--> select the model--> live view image--> set the little man close to the wall--> drag and drop the trim on the wall

Again, verify the walls' elevation and Autofloor for the exterior walls

Below you will find few important rules regarding walls and elevations

1 - To set the objects, walls, etc at the right elevation, you need to define the ceiling heights. To do this--> Design--> Default Ceiling Heights--> set the exact height of each level. By default, they are 96", this means that (if you don't set your custom heights) Punch will set the second floor at 96" from the grass and the 3rd floor at 192" from the grass

2 - If you have an exterior wall with Autofloor= 12" (for example) and you insert a door, the door elevation will be 0", because the door elevation is related with the wall. Same situation with the windows
But if you are going to insert a table on the floor, the object elevation is related with the grass (floor of the Punch world), so the table's elevation will be 12"

Therefore, if your exterior walls have 10'-0", but you are using an Autofloor with 12" (1'), the ceiling elevation should be 11'-0"

Always remember 3 things
--> The ceiling elevation is the bottom face of the ceiling. This means that if you the floor of the second floor (for example) is @ 108", and your 1st floor has a ceiling of 12", the ceiling elevation will be 96" and the settings of the cutout (if you have one) will be the same: elevation at 96"and thickness= 12"
--> If you used Autofloor in the 1st floor, the ceiling elevation will be the walls' height + the Autofloor thickness (as described above)
--> If you used a floor in the upper floor, you must consider this thickness in the floor cut

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
eytcheson, raymond  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
eytcheson, raymond

I've printed all this off so I can try it with some concentration to your excellent detail. I'll advise of my success.