logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Mike,

The Autofloor has always a difference of 1/2" regarding the level you are setting

If you have a V10 version, you can correct the floor elevation using fractions of inches--> Go to Design--> Unit of measure--> adjust the precision

If you created the floor using the Autofloor feature, and this is the reason of the 1/2" difference, you can't add handles to the Autofloor

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Downey, M  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Downey, M

Thanks Patricia, However the floor is not an autofloor. So why might it be happening?

Also you answered "you can't add handles to the Autofloor".....what about if it isn't an Autofloor?

Mike
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Mike

If the floor was not developed with the Autofloor feature, then you have a problem with the floors' elevation

1 - Draw the floor with the Floor tool
Select the floor--> Edit--> Set object elevation--> write the desired elevation

or

2 - Select the floor--> right click on the elevation slider--> write the desired elevation

or

3 - Select the floor--> right click on the piece--> Set elevation--> write the desired elevation

Repeat the process with the second piece of floor so you can be sure they are at the same elevation

Also remember that
--> The ceiling elevation is the bottom face of the ceiling. This means that if the floor of the second floor is @ 108", and your 1st floor has a ceiling of 12", the ceiling elevation will be 96" and the settings of a cutout (if necessary)will be the same: elevation at 96"and thickness= 12"
--> If you used Autofloor in the 1st floor, the ceiling elevation will be the walls' height + the Autofloor thickness

Adding points--> it depends of your Punch program and version--> some of them have the add point feature (a + sign)

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store