logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Doug Hamilton, The deck properties (as height, handrails, etc) are available in the main program (properties bar, at the right of your screen) After you set all the properties, your can set the joist with the framing editor Hope this helps Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Hamilton, Doug  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Hamilton, Doug

Thanks, Patricia, but I'm referring to the Deck Properties pop-up menu that supposed to appear in the Framing Editor. This is the one that allows you to specify the deck materials, board angle, size and spacing, as well as pier/post material and size. Both the online help file and the manual give the following instruction, "Click the perimeter of a deck section, then click Deck Properties on the pop-up menu. The Deck Properties menu is displayed." However, when I try to complete this step, I can only activate the joist properties pop-up. I've tried nudging a joist out of the way and clicking underneath but the same thing happens. Doug . . .
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Doug, I see what you're looking for. This is how it works. To define new deck properties you need to delete the default properties So--> draw your deck--> go to the framing editor--> select the deck--> delete (yes, click delete)--> actually, you are not deleting the deck, but the default joists--> click on one of the deck's borders--> the deck properties option will appear (Check the image attached) Additional properties--> Framing editor--> Options--> estimation options--> deck Hope this helps Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store