logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Russ, If you have a Punch version V8 and up, the topo (Topo Designer Power Tool) will be defined by the difference between the "base" and the topo elements you'll create You can define the base creating a rectangle or square topo element over all the lot (or as a building pad) and set the elevation as 0", then you can create a topo elements between the walls with elevation 36" (or the elevation you need) Don't forget--> each time you design / change elements in the Topo Designer, you must click the "Generate Topography" button to update the information. This button is in the right - up corner Don't forget to save the topography! If this doesn't solve your problem, you can put your picture in an online album Hope this helps Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Maximation  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Maximation

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for responding.

I uploaded a picture that shows the area I am trying to change: image1.jpg

I would like the brown dirt area at the end to be a grassy slope that goes down to the grass between the retaining walls at an angle around 25 to 30 degrees without distorting the sides where the retaining walls are, kind of like a floor on a swimming pool gradually getting more shallow on one end.

It appears that all of the Topo features want to start at say elevation 0' and do what ever you ask then end at elevation 0', unless you define the elevation to drop across until it leaves the screen or area you have to work with in Punch.

Making a hole and having it start, for example, at 0' and end at 0', makes the slope I want, but also makes a slopes back up in the middle of the excavated area and it makes a slope behind the retaining walls.

Thanks again,
Russ.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Russ,

You should follow the procedure as I detailed
If you set the building pad at 0", all will be referred to the 0" level
In addition, as you linked the walls, all the area contained inside the walls will be flat, always. Just as exercise, delete one of the walls and see how the topo features go inside the walls' perimeter

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store