logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Tree,

In my opinion, the most important concept for the topo designer (V7 and up), is the fact that elevations are absolute.
This means that, (for example) if you are drawing a berm with elevation 5 ft, then you are drawing an overlapping berm with elevation= 3 ft you will get a berm with 5 ft with a 2ft sunken area (like a pool). In other words, your levels will be always the difference between the elevations of the different elements

To illustrate better, try this-->
Step 1--> open an empty topo file--> draw a circular topo area--> set it with any elevation (say 10 ft)--> click the Generate Topography button--> Open a liveview window--> you will see a flat lot
Step 2--> open an empty topo file--> cover all the lot with a square topo shape--> set the elevation as 0--> draw a circular topo area--> set it with any elevation (say 10 ft)--> click the Generate Topography button--> Open a liveview window--> you will the berm in the lot

Let us know if you need additional help

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
tree  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
tree

I started over from the beginning and it seems to be working fine now. I am working it as a cake type design again as that seemed the easiest method. I can only theorize that the file I was working with got corrupted. However, after going through this process, it seems that Punch could do a lot more work in this area. Even my photo editor can pick out lines and highlight them. Wouldn't that be great to actually have an image file & be able to tell it to trace the lines and just have to add the actual elevations.