logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Juniper  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Juniper

Use the wall break tool at the places on the wall that you want to start a new color. After each of these wall breaks, you can now color each wall.. room etc to a unique color Good luck - I use this alot. Note it may appear that "wall break" is rejecting your break but it actually does do it .... good luck
Woodman, Crawford  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Woodman, Crawford

I used wall-break to segment an internal wall, but now how do I apply color to it? In the 3D view, I can only seem to access exterior elements. I tried using the slice tool, or clicking through an open door, but the color is always applied to the external wall even if it's not visible.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Crawford Woodman, In order to see the interior of the house, use the walk-through tools (Yellow man or Green man) A nice trick--> set the screen as half floorplan / half liveview--> set liveview as Walk-Through (the little man)--> in the floorplan view, you will see an arrow symbol (outlined in red in the image attached)--> point the arrow with the mouse and move this arrow to position the Walk-Through view--> if you rotate the point of the arrow, the Walk-Through point if view will rotate as well Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Crawford Woodman, Some additional notes I forgot.... :-) Some tips to apply colors and materials - you must be close to the element to be textured - you should develop a floor area for each room--> select the area--> verify the elevation--> the new floor area should be above the Autofloor - you can't apply texture or apply colors through a door or window (even if the door is open or the glass looks transparent, the wall is still there) - If you are working on a surface under the 0.00 level, you must set the elevation of the yellow (or green) man as negative. This means that if you floor elevation is -96, the elevation of the yellow (or green) man must be, for example, -60. Set the elevation double clicking on the yellow / green man Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store