logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Jeff Pittman, Unfortunately, old programs don't export text and / or dimensions to DXF. Notice that the plan is not scaled (you'll find a difference of 20%) Let us know if you need additional help with this issue Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Pittman, Jeff  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Pittman, Jeff

What software version would I need to upgrade to, for the DXF to match the regular printed version?
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Jeff Pittman These are the programs (from Professional to the new AS 4000) and their import / export features Professional: imports BMP as trace. Exports DXF (without dimensions and with a difference of 20% in the scale) Platinum: imports BMP as trace. Exports DXF (without dimensions and with a difference of 20% in the scale) AS 18: imports and exports DXF. Also imports BMP as trace (scale and dimensions OK) AS 3000, MLP, and AS 4000: they import and export DXF. Also, they import BMP as trace. (scale and dimensions OK) Let us know if you need more help Patricia
Vogel, George  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Vogel, George

It appears that the DXF/DWG exporter does not export some plan symbols such as switches and outlets. Ceiling objects and connector lines go through. I've tried both dxf and dwg with autocad LT 2000. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that they are attached to walls. Has anyone else experienced the problem and is ther a work around? If not it should likely be reported as a bug.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi George Vogel As you can see in the first attached image, following the right procedures, electrical elements will export from Professional to DXF without problems Just be sure to export from the electrical tab, or if you are in other tab, be sure that the electrical tab is visible. If you are working in the Floor tab, click on the black arrow near the tab name (Floor in this example), and check the tabs you wish to show, and uncheck the others. In the second image attached, you see all the tabs checked Hope this helps Patricia
montvid, mike  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
montvid, mike

I had the same problem trying to get drawings printed. I am renovating a 100+ year old house. Before I could get a building permit I had to create full drawings of the original building and the proposed work. I completed the drawings and saved them to disc, then took them to a specialty print shop that works with local draftsmen and has large plotters. It was then that I found out about the problems. Very frustrating. It put me back to square one. I ended up buying auto cad. Now I'm using Punch only for the artist renderings of the house for the historical society, not the actual build drawings. Good luck, Mike
OKMF  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
OKMF

Hello Patricia I am using the Platinum software 4.5.1 and created my dream house. Now I would have to pay an architect for architectural drawings that I already made. To which product do I need to upgrade to produce architectural drawings that are accepted by planning offices? Many thanks Oliver
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Oliver, Well, we Architects do a "little" more than drawings....:-) Regarding your question, do you mean accepted by your County for a Building Permit?. This will depend of the requirements of your county. You are welcome to e-mail me your project and the requirements of your county, and I will help you to determine how to develop these documents in Punch Patricia [email protected]
Bisque, Daniel  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bisque, Daniel

I own AS 18 (v 6.0.1), and cannot figure out how to export DXF files (BMP and VRML are the only commands in the File | Export menu). Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks. Dan
Patricia G.  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Dan, In Punch AS 18 and up, the DXF import / export is a Power Tool, so you will find it with the Power Tools, at the right - bottom of your screen Check the image attached and let us know if you need further assistance