logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Eric, First, you need to set the levels of each floor, this means you need to tell Punch where your floors are Go to--> Options--> Default ceiling heights--> first floor (for example)--> write 144"--> second floor--> xxx", etc So when you copy to the upper floor, Punch will know that the second floor is at 144". The default height is 96", this is why now, when you copy the walls are going to 8' and the building has 20'(12'+ 8') Let us know if you need additional information Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Bragg, Eric  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bragg, Eric

I'm not sure why, but when I started over, I set the wall height to 144" before drawing foundation. After setting default ceiling height accordingly, creating the upper floor seemed to work. Originally, I had drawn the walls at 96", then changed them to 144". ..... perhaps my ceiling height wasn't near 144" for the bottom floor, before I copied it to the upper floor? I shruggeth of my shoulders. Well, it's working as I need, now. Thanks.
Bragg, Eric  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bragg, Eric

Thank you, Patricia. I missed that one. Seems to be working, thank you very much! Eric
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Eric Bragg, Glad to know that it works!! Don't forget to set the 2nd and 3rd floors Patricia
Merv  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Merv

i am new to punch designing i bought the program to design a mechanical shop i am considering building, everything is going great except i want to put in a mezzanine in part of the shop, i have 16 foot walls in the entire shop but i want a 9 foot high ceiling/floor over the parts and office area for a lunch room washrooms mechanical room etc. when i click on one of the walls like the tutorial says all i get is a ceiling over the office on a diagonal. when i click on other walls the ceiling ffoor option won't even work, can anyone help me
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Merv, Select each wall and verify the following settings of each segment - The walls in the external perimeter should be Exterior walls and the remaining walls should be exterior walls--> right click on each wall to confirm this - If in a room you have mixed Exterior and Interior Walls, check the Autofloor and elevation settings Patricia