logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jphall  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
jphall

Does anyone have a patch that will allow for a log texture on the external portion of the house? Also, is there an option that will allow for the calculation of log feet for the perimeter of the home, and only calculate the framing necessary for the interior of the home? Thanks for the help!
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi,

In addition of Lyle's post, with the log elements you will find the log panels / walls ready to use , so if you use these panels there is not need of texture. They are real logs!

Next week I will publish some additional log textures in my site

Let us know if you need more help,

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Treble, John  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Treble, John

I created a complete shell of a floorplan using just the wall tool and none of the pre-designed wall boxes from the menu. I added all the doors and windows and several roof shapes. Then I started to add textures to the exteriors of the walls. Nothing happened! After reading all of the posted message, I knew there was something I needed to do, but none of the posted solutions seemed to help.
After going to the trouble of removing all the doors, windows, and roofs, I stumbled across the idea of changing the wall heights. I bumped them from 96" to 120" and voila! I could suddenly start adding textures! Not sure what I really did to fix it, unless raising the walls also raised their origin points above the grass. (Saw that mentioned in one posting.) I suppose that is it. Anyway, it's fixed now!
Pierce, Brandie  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Pierce, Brandie

How do I add a porch to my house drawing?
Maglietta, Frank  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Maglietta, Frank

In my bathroom design, I drag tile to a wall and it tiles the entire wall. I want the tile applied to a portion of the interior wall. In the real world,no one tiles the entire height of a wall, and the same goes for width. Help!

Frank
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi,

If you are using Punch Pro, or Platinum or As 18, you have the Break Wall tool (Toolbar - sixth icon from the left). With this tool you can select and "cut" segments of your wall. These segments can be textured independently from the others.

As for the height, once you are in 3D, you can select the Trim/Library Panel/Wainscot tool (3D Toolbar - sixth icon from the left), and then select Wainscot. You have four different heights.

If these options are not enough, you can:
- Build two walls (notice about doors and windows)
- Build a "Veneer surface" with the 3D workshop.

Let us know if you need more help

Regards,

Patricia
Thad  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Thad

I applied a brick texture. It was in the next 3D live view I looked at. But thereafter my walls looked like a blue line drawing. How do I get the texture to be permanent?
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Thad,

In your 3D window's toolbar, you will find several icons. The last two icons are small houses: one is blue (clear view) and other has colors (render final quality).

If you are working in a 3D textured view and you click the clear view icon (blue house), Punch will render a clear view image (blue). If you click again in this icon, Punch will render with textures and the desired quality.

Patricia
nailbender  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
nailbender

I put some siding on a couple of exterior walls then saved the plan. How do I get rid of the siding after a save? TIA...Nailbender
Lake, L.  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Lake, L.

Has anyone created a beige stucco texture I can use? Or how can I make my own texture in Photoshop 6.0?? Thanks
Bruce, William E.  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bruce, William E.

I need to add a texture for a light colored split face block pattern. How is this done
Jordan, Vera L  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Jordan, Vera L

Hello!!!
I was able to apply texture to my kitchen
but, when I got to my living room it wouldn't let me do anything. I went back to change the color in the kitchen and I wasn't able to. Can someone please help me? Thank you,
Vera Jordan.
Patricia G.  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Vera Jordan,

Probably you got a "poison pill".
Perform a search with these words, you will get a lot of interesting discussions as well as the way to fix this problem

Patricia
garelick, paul  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
garelick, paul

I also experienced the bug that stops further texture addition. I called Punch technical and they said copy the corrupt floor to a new file. Use edit "select all" and paste to a new file. Follow this with the other floors pasted to the new file. But when I try to make a few more changes, the common bug occurs again. So, start over if you have hours to waste on a common unresolved bug in the software. Also, I updated my 64mb video card driver and no help. However, in searching the "poison pill"(bug) replies, the one thing that made sense was the sliver of a wall that could go out miles. I've seen these thin long walls happen. This makes sense since you can't see it but it's taking up a huge texture requirement. The suggestion to use the lasso tool to isolate the good part of your drawing instead of "select all" makes sense. I'm going to try it. Someone at Punch should read this forum and advise their technical people. Or Punch should offer a patch that locates or warns of a high graphics requirement when it is created. Anyone who uses this technique please reply with your experience.
garelick, paul  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
garelick, paul

Thanks for the reply and offer of help, Lyle. I'm using a plan technique of first creating each floor completed in its own file. Then make a new file which is the final composite of the floors (and eventually ground cover after I get more experience). This final composite, I will only print or view, but not change. If problems occur, I'll edit the individual problem file and re-composite into a new file. Somewhat tedious, but this program's final presentation is worth investing time to achieve. I'll hold off on your offer to diagnose my file, at least until I experiment with this new process. Sometimes problems such as these may go away with more practice.
waynepd  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
waynepd

i am using AS 18 and have found the log cabin objects.is there a way to stretch the walls to the desired length and height.also can i get the desired diameter needed for my design.It seems you should be able to pick logs as the desired material and have it implemented into the design without having to pick it as an object and have to drag it into place.
Patricia G.  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Wayne, The log Objects are POBs (Punch objects) designed with the 3D workshop. So they can changed / resized, just open / edit them with the 3D workshop To make changes in the log wall, open it with the 3D workshop, select the wall and ungroup the logs (Edit=> Ungroup). Then, select a 2D side view (View=> 2D view=> Left or Right), select each log and resize it (Options=> Object size) In addition, you can use a common Punch wall and texture it with a log texture Let us know if you need additional help Patricia
Buznea, Catalina  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Buznea, Catalina

I'm trying to make the plan of a wood house, not of round log profile, but flat profile. Could anyone help me please.
Buznea, Catalina  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Buznea, Catalina

where can I find the wood texture, in which software edition? Thank you
fuzzyfoejoe  
#20 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
fuzzyfoejoe

does any one have a really good txture that looks like a medieval castle thanx