logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jennings, Paul  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Jennings, Paul

I have placed a skylight on the roof and have a vaulted ceiling below it. What is the best way to put in a "light well" or tunnel from the skylight to the ceiling??

Thank you
pj
Florida  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Florida

Have created lots of new textures, new objects added to program etc. All was well until I upgraded to AS18 8.0.0 Now I seem to not have "enough memory" or ...? to run the program or to open Workshop etc. Totally frustrated as even trying to go back to version 6 doesn't help.

Any advise greatly appreciated as I now have transfered textures to 8.0.0 program okay but cannot enter workshop etc.

Words of wisdom appreciated
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Florida,

Texture's replacement is a work around created by Punch users but it is not a procedure approved by the sw manufacturer.

I experienced some of the problems you are describing after I changed few textures.

So, to be sure you are attacking the right problem, try this
- Save your objects and textures in a separate folder--> Uninstall Punch--> clean the recycle bin, defrag, etc--> perform a new and clean installation of your Punch AS 18 V8--> create a simple house, and see if the all the features and power tools are working--> if so, create categories for the new objects with the help of the object organizer (objects--> object organizer) ---> copy your objects to the new categories (or include them in the current categories)--> create a simple house, and see if the all the features and power tools are working--> if so, is clear that the problem is the textures' replacement. Anyway, proceed to replace one by one and see when the problem appears

Let us know what you discover

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Peterson, Matt  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Peterson, Matt

Is there any way to make barrel ceilings or roof with Punch Home Design 4000
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Matt Peterson,

not directly but you can elaborate them with the help of the 3D workshop

Open the 3D workshop--> Use the 3D design tools--> use the open circular arc (8th icon) or the closed arc (5th icon)--> draw the arc--> select the view (the eye in the bottom or the view menu)--> 2D view--> front view (if you are drawing in the back grid)--> select the arc--> Options--> Object size--> set the width of the room and height of the ceiling / roof--> View (or the eye icon at the bottom)--> 2D view--> Top view--> set length of the room--> paint or texture
(see the images attached)

If you wish it curved in both directions, you can use the skew tool

Save to the objects library and / or close the 3D workshop adding the ceiling / roof--> select it in the plan--> set the elevation as necessary
To set the elevation
1 - Select the ceiling / object --> Edit--> Set object elevation--> write the desired elevation

or

2 - Select the ceiling / object --> right click on the elevation slider--> write the desired elevation

or

3 - Select the ceiling / object--> right click on the piece--> Set elevation--> write the desired elevation

Don't forget that the elevation of a ceiling will be the height of the walls + the Autofloor of these walls (if you considered Autofloor)

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store