logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi tamshere,

The "exclamation mark" problem happens when, for some reason, Punch doesn't find the plant or texture associated with the file path

For example--> you created a texture (same process with the plants) called "Brick 741" and you saved it in the folder C:..../Program Files/Punch AS 4000/ Textures/..../tamshere bricks/Brick 741. Then you used the texture in the Punch model. After this, you changed the texture location to C:..../Program Files/Punch AS 4000/ Textures/..../mybricks/Brick 741, or you renamed the texture's name.
When you open your Punch file, Punch searches the paths for the textures and plants you saved with the model (this means the first path I wrote). Therefore, if you changed the name of the texture / plant or if you changed the location, Punch will not find the texture / plant and you will see the exclamation mark
In this case, you can restore the plant / texture back to the original location or insert the plant again in your Punch model

If you didn't change the file name / location, it is a good idea to check if the plants are in Punch directory--> Program Files--> Punch AS 4000 --> Textures--> Custom plants--> (as you created your own plants)
If they are not in the original location, check if they are not in other location (perform a search in your Windows Explorer).
If you used the "Restore point" feature in Windows--> Windows deletes the files you created / installed after the restoring

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store