logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Paul,

You are partially right, you can't change the paper orientation in the screen.

However, you can insert your objects in a "virtual landscape page" (out of the work space). Check the first image attached.

Then--> print--> set your printer as landscape and you will get the blueprint format (see the print preview in the second image)

Hope this helps

Patricia

PS the second image hasn't a good resolution, but you can see the lines
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Ross, Paul  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Ross, Paul

Thanks to both you and Lyle. It sounds like this should be addressed by Punch in their next (hopeful) patch.

In the meantime, Patricia - your workaround may help but boy is it nuts to have to work that way.

Lyle - I will probably try PlansPlus anyway. Looks like an outstanding app for our remodel projects. I was intending to use LM as only a print manager/layout tool for the plans and elevations.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the prompt replies.

Paul
Suellen  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Suellen

Hello -
I've discovered entirely by accident that if you close out of AS4000 entirely, then go to "printers and faxes" in control panel and reset your printer's default settings to the paper size that you want and select landscape mode, Layout Manager will display those settings next time you start it up! (At least it did with my Epson 1280 ...)
Good Luck!
Suellen
Aa, Tore  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Aa, Tore

I am an AS18 user (ver 6.0.1), and have read about some of the functions available in Layout Manager - for instance the possibility to 'cut' through a set of drawings and make a 'sideways view' of the total drawing model - sliced for instance in the middle of the house.

However, when I load Layout Manager (after first having opened my 'original'
drawing) I do not get my drawing 'up' in the Layout manager window (as I would expect.) It looks like I must redraw the whole set of drawings again??? Where do I misunderstand???
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Tore Aa,

Can you inform the page of the manual where you read about these functions of the LM?
Perhaps you are confusing the Layout Manager with the Elevation Editor?
Let me explain the differences, following the help explanation of both Power Tools

Layout Manager
"You can create a presentation of elevations which shows all four sides on one sheet or you can show a floorplan in 2D and a 3D LiveView with the roof cutaway to reveal that floor", (but first, you need to create these drawings) Then you can insert them in a "paper"to create the sheet layout and print it

Elevation Editor
"The Elevation Editor supports the same zoom and pan capabilities you can use when viewing your design in 2D, plus you can use the 3D Cut-away Slider to see cross-sections of your design." (so this is the tool to create the cross sections you will insert in the layout manager)

Of course, if you prefer, you can also create a cross section in liveview, using the 3D Cut-away Slider

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store