logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi jowwarr,

Does it happen only with the SP? did you try other Power Tools? what about rendering?

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
jowwarr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
jowwarr

Hi Patricia,
It only appears to be the SP powertool when trying to edit or delete a point. I have a battleaxe block with 8 legs to the propertyline, but only have 7 boundry lengths supplied to me at the moment.
If I make an error eg forgetting to swap the reference meridian from north to south and then try to edit or delete that point it crashes the whole powertool and I have to start from scratch again.
Thanks,
Jowwarr.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Jowwarr

In my experience, when the lock up problem is reduced to just one power tool, is a spyware issue. I saw this in the 3D workshop, and cabinet wizard

Try this--> Check your computer for adware, spyware and such. Some users experienced "crash issues" and error messages caused by these programs
Lavasoft is an excellent (and free) application to clean you computer
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Hope this helps

Patricia
JeanC  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
JeanC

Hi, I live in Qld Australia. I have the plan in front of me of the land.

These are some examples of the measurements.
How do I enter them into Punch Site Planner?
119degrees54', 97.145
333degrees47'40", 69.777
As the front is on a curve because of the culdesac, I have
21degrees04',7.5
50degrees01'15", 7.499
The back boundary has 74.873. That would be 74 metres?
A dotted line with 20 runs through it. That would be the elevation as it drops to the back and side.
Any help would be appreciated. I can send the plan.

Regards Jean
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Jean,

Answering your questions + one of the questions you e-mail me (and is important for the answer)

The fact that the points you are mentioning are named "119° 54' 97.145" without a letter and the mention of the North you pointed, are telling me that your plan is using the Azimuth references--> this means that all the angles are referred to the North (yes to your question, is the geographical North)

Therefore, to enter the info, choose the azimuth mode in the Punch Site Planner (see attached)

Note: Don't forget to set your file in the Metric System. Use--> Design--> Unit of Measure

Regarding the 20 curve, this is a level curve, part of the topography. To set the topography, please use the Topo Designer Power Tool

Hope this helps

Patricia
JeanC  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
JeanC

In the site planner "Add A New Point" it would only let me enter two numbers (11) in "Angle". I entered two numbers, then I went into "Edit" and it let me add the third number (9) to make it 119. It looks like the block but is off the page. I will see if I change to metres, as you suggested, whether it will not be bigger than the page.

So if the North is magnetic, geographical north, how would I find out where solar north is in Bundaberg Queensland?

It's important to have the house facing solar north in the sub tropics? Regards Jean
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Jean,

The Site Planner accepts new points in 3 modes (5th, 6th and 7th icons)
1 - bearing mode (default)--> you add the points based on the geographical orientation (North, East, etc) + the angle referred to the geographical orientation + the dimension of each side of the lot--> in this system, as you have 4 orientation points, the angles are equal or less 90° (this is why you can't enter 3 digits)
2 - Azimuth mode--> you add the points based on North + the angle referred to the North + the dimension of each side of the lot--> this is the system you should use. As the North is the reference, the angles are up to 360° (so you can enter the 3 digits.
3 - relative mode--> you add points based on dimensions and previous points

Therefore, before you click the "Add a new point" icon (1st icon), you should select the "Mode" --> Azimuth in your case, the 6th icon

See attached

Regarding the importance of the North and the house orientation, this is a design decision based on project necessities (solar exposure, climate, energy savings, etc)

Patricia
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Not only for energy conservation reasons.

The North orientation (for the South hemisphere) is related with the health of the building and the users, related with mold and insulation
Poor sun exposure generates what we call "sick buildings" and asthmatic persons, for example, must live in a North orientated building

Also, the materials (specially doors and windows) without sun exposure have less life in good conditions

Don't forget that in most of the countries of the South hemisphere the houses are constructed without wood + insulation, therefore the brick and concrete maintenance are important issues

Anyway, subtropical regions have to balance design decisions regarding the orientation, as I stated above

Jean, check this interesting article for Australia regarding the orientation and energy conservation
http://www1.sedo.energy.wa.gov.au/pages/orient.asp

Patricia
[email protected]  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
abhyde@verizon.net

I was running PRO till this week when I upgraded to AS4000v10 to have better TOPO and LOT SIZE control among other things. Problem is that under DESIGN tab there is no LOT SIZE as shown on the tutorial and in my old PRO edition. I tried wiping the install and doing new install but no LOT SIZE. I need a fix!
Patricia G.  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi [email protected],

1 - Lot size--> meaning the dimensions of the Punch's workspace (the white square / rectangle where you draw)
In Punch's versions up to V7 you set the lot size with Design--> Lot size
Punch versions V8 and up--> These versions have a different concept to develop the topography (I'd suggest that you review the file "Tips for Users of Other Punch! Programs" included in the Help files of your program, I found it very interesting). Anyway, to set the lot, use--> Topo Designer Power Tool--> Design--> Lot size

2 - Now, the Site Planner Power Tool is a different instrument, intended to define the boundaries of the lot in real life (aka Property line)

Hope this helps

Patricia