logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi Steve,

The problem for the 3DS conversion is the polygons morphology and behavior in Punch
I converted many objects, including planes, people, etc

In my opinion, a simple conversion does not work in Punch, because the size is not operative in Punch--> it is 100% necessary a file cleaning

To do this, follow my tutorial at my website
http://www.punchhelpers.com/3dsfiles.html

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Steve,

I have a certain difficulty to read all caps, (please, don't shout!) but to answer short...
I don't agree. If you investigate the 3D world, then you know that 3Ds is not the best format, and in addition, and in addition is old
Did you try .max?

Just an additional idea.... once you are a POBs creator and you wish to help... perhaps you can help the users at the Forum, with step by step instructions as RB used to do?

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Well, I don't agree regarding the formats. The 3DS is a rather old format, with some problems this is why Autodesk, in 3ds max replaced this format for .max --> it simplifies the polygon morphology, among other factors

I didn't compare a person with other so the word "unprofessional" is insulting and out of place and context
Read carefully my sentence

I am not sure why I should provide this explanation, but, here it goes. I know who Steve is, he wrote to me lots of time. This is why, I imagined he could be a welcomed help in this Forum. This week we had a user asking how to create a sink, and other asking for help with a handrail and stairs, therefore, and as I assumed that he he was willing to help, I suggested some tutorials in the "RB's way"

In addition, some words from Virginia Shea (from her book Netiquette)

"The strength of cyberspace is in its numbers. The reason asking questions online works is that a lot of knowledgeable people are reading the questions. And if even a few of them offer intelligent answers, the sum total of world knowledge increases. The Internet itself was founded and grew because scientists wanted to share information. Gradually, the rest of us got in on the act.

So do your part. Despite the long lists of no-no's in this book, you do have something to offer. Don't be afraid to share what you know."

This is the context of all my posts in this Forum, including the one above. Positive help doesn't include flaming posts, IMO

I am sure that, independently of your words, the Punch users know very well about my help in all the fields, every day. Including how to minimize the problems with the 3DS format with my tutorial
http://www.punchhelpers.com/3dsfiles.html

Patricia