logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Leonard, Jeff  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Leonard, Jeff

I want to do the same thing as Gina but I want to email the foundation plan to a print shop for full sized blue prints.

I put dimensions and text on my foundation plan that Pro Platinum doesn't put there and I saved this as Foundation Plan. When I open it I'm looking at a floor plan. Then I click on the foundation tab to see the foundation plan.

If I send the file to fedex.kinkos aren't they going to get the floor plan and the foundation plan with no way to seperate the two?

I also like Gina have Pro Platinum 4.5.1.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Jeff,

First question is, are you going to send the Punch file to Kinkos? I don't think they will accept or open this file, unless you use their sw to convert the file

Regarding the foundation and floor tabs

Punch has 3 floors (levels), and each level has (in Plat 4.5.1.) 9 tabs. You can consider each tab as a different layer, with the exception of the foundation tab. The foundation tab and the floor tab work together, so the exterior walls of the 1st floor are the foundation walls

Perform the following test: Create an empty file (File--> new)--> Go to the floor tab--> you will see a small arrow at the right of the name. By clicking the small arrow you have the option of view / hide other tabs--> click in the small arrow--> the floor tab will be selected--> select also the foundation tab--> draw an exterior wall--> right click to check the properties--> be sure the foundation is selected--> in your plan, you will see the wall + the foundation--> put a window / door, etc--> Go to the foundation tab--> click on the small triangle--> foundation tab will be selected--> select the floor tab also--> your plan will look in the same way in the floor tab and in the foundation tab, right? --> Now, in the foundation tab--> click on the small triangle--> unselect the floor tab--> the wall and the foundation will disappear!
This means that you can draw a wall with or without a foundation, but you can't draw a foundation without a wall. If you draw a foundation, as this step includes a wall, and the you draw a wall, you will be duplicating the process

So the answer is: if you wish to print the footer of your walls, you must print the walls too
Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store