logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi IFD,

Are you trying to print a PDF file? What happens when you print it with your printer? can you give us more details of the problem?

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
IFD  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
IFD

I have tried printing to PDF and to my printers, an OfficeJet G85 Inkjet (8.5 x 11) and an 8150 Laser (11 x 17) (both are HP's).

When I print from the Layout Manager is the only time I have a problem.

The text from any source, either auto-dimensions, or detail text, comes out about 1/10 the size in the PDF file.

When printing similar type files from such programs as AutoCAD or Visio I have no problems.

Printing any plan from the main program is also ok. In other words, if I choose Print to Fit from the File Menu, it works fine in either PDF or hard copy to the printers.

Prog = AS3000 v7.0.0
Printer = Adobe Acrobat Writer 5.0
COMP=HP 9795c 1.4GHZ Pent 4 w/512MB RAM.
Display Adapter = NVIDIA RIVA
Display Driver = NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro (Microsoft)
OS = XP

Have all Service Packs and Updates available from Microsoft installed.

As it stands now, I am having to perform screen captures of the plans, and insert the images into either Visio or the Layout Manager to get desired affect.

I have tried most tricks I know, including reloading softwares, both AS3000 and Adobe Acrobat, and setting font default preferences and embedding fonts. No luck.

Any help?

I really like the program overall, but it isn't worth it to have to go through so many steps to plot a file, especially when a change is needed.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi IDF, Did you update the drivers of your printers? Did you update your Adobe Writer? Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Wyman, Ken  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Wyman, Ken

I have the same issue. I suspect it's a Punch problem, not anything wrong with your system. In my case I want to "print" using Acrobat to a large format size paper (say 18" x 24"). I can set up Acrobat for that paper size with no problem, but when I actually send the Layout Manager image to Acrobat and view the results, the text is vanishingly small. Unless someone at Punch or on this board can tell us what's going on here, I'm afraid we'll be left to our own devices to try to retrieve our work from Punch, maybe using a graphics program like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop. It shouldn't be this way; I echo the sentiment of someone else's post: Punch is terrible at handling output. In other ways, it's a pretty good program, but not when it comes time to output something useful from all of your hours of work. End of diatribe.
Hawkins, David  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Hawkins, David

I have researched this problem extensively. I am a software engineer and have tried all of the possible updates. I use the latest software and will attest that this is a layout manager problem. I was not supprised to receive an email from tech support. Have you update this or that. Nothing about the problem being with layout manager. I agree that the output features are absolutely pathetic for this program. It does have its positives. But the negatives kill it. I am contracting my own home construction. Creating the plans have been a nightmare. Printing them out has been equally difficult. I have run into one problem after another. I have pulled out all of the stops. You would not believe what I'm doing to get my plans out. Ugggg!
bendel  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
bendel

Can someone provide a list of plotters that work with Punch AS18