logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
depprussell  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 10:05:21 AM(UTC)
depprussell

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 6/29/2018(UTC)
Posts: 1
Armenia
Location: USA

Hi,

I have the study version of ArchiCad 9, I bought it because of my beloved mac. BUT -even though I master several computer programs from my old life as an art director (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, photoshop) I find this one really difficult and diverse.
So I decided I need a fool-proof guide, real basic stuff. (the little guide that comes with the CD supposes that you already know how to draw a room - which is not the case!!)
I'm NOT an architect, my need is to make Interior Design come to live for the client...
So my questions are these:
1) Can anybody recommend a really good guide (in either Danish, English or Italian)
2) can anybody tell me if the stydy version is very limited compared to the full (meaning, if I buy a guide, is there a risk that basic tools it mentions are missing from the program I have, or is it usually the more complicated features they leave out?)
3) Is there a real life Interior Designer out there who can confirm that this is actually the program to have and use (on mac, I recall you) -or are there better alternatives, before I start getting to know this animal...
4) Bonus question - how should I save an archiCad file to make it possible for an autoCad user to open and correct my file?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Thanks!
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 12:05:06 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/31/2002(UTC)
Posts: 8,389

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi there,

I will try to answer your questions:

Originally Posted by: depprussell Go to Quoted Post

I have the study version of ArchiCad 9, I bought it because of my beloved mac. BUT -even though I master several computer programs from my old life as an art director (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, photoshop) I find this one really difficult and diverse.
So I decided I need a fool-proof guide, real basic stuff. (the little guide that comes with the CD supposes that you already know how to draw a room - which is not the case!!)
I'm NOT an architect, my need is to make Interior Design come to live for the client...


ArchiCad, AutoCad, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Punch are different types of programs, so we can't compare them.
For example, the focus of the CAD packages is on drawing, the Home Design programs (like Punch) are focused on design. This means that if you draw a rectangle in CAD, this could be a wall, or a machine, or just a rectangle. In Punch, a wall means a wall, it will have all the properties of a wall and you'll see a wall in 3D.
The difference is the program's capability to understand what you are drawing.
This is why, the settings of the different elements must be defined accurately.

Originally Posted by: depprussell Go to Quoted Post

1) Can anybody recommend a really good guide (in either Danish, English or Italian)

I'd suggest that you check my eBooks. They include lots of tutorials, how to guides, etc.

Originally Posted by: depprussell Go to Quoted Post

2) can anybody tell me if the stydy version is very limited compared to the full (meaning, if I buy a guide, is there a risk that basic tools it mentions are missing from the program I have, or is it usually the more complicated features they leave out?)

Not sure what do you mean? All the guides include all the features. You can see the different features of the programs in the following charts:
Windows: http://www.punchsoftware...ion-is-right-for-me.aspx
Mac: http://www.punchsoftware...ion-is-right-for-me.aspx

Originally Posted by: depprussell Go to Quoted Post

3) Is there a real life Interior Designer out there who can confirm that this is actually the program to have and use (on mac, I recall you) -or are there better alternatives, before I start getting to know this animal...

I am an Architect and I use Architectural Series for my professional works

Originally Posted by: depprussell Go to Quoted Post

4) Bonus question - how should I save an archiCad file to make it possible for an autoCad user to open and correct my file?

I'd suggest that you check this issue in the ArchiCad Forum

Also => you posted these questions in the Punch for Windows section. Are your questions regarding the Mac version?

Hope this helps!

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
Users browsing this topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.