logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3Pines  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:23:28 AM(UTC)
3Pines

Hi,
Am using H&L Arch. Series V18. Is there a limit to how much can be seen in 3D rendering mode?

Have a property that is 3.18 acres. In adding trees and such to the file I notice that when I go into 3D it seems to have a problem with the sheer number of plants. It's especially bad if I have the house with details in the same file. Currently, I have one file for the house and another for landscaping. When I've tried to combine them the program keeps crashing.

Is there a way to increase 3D rendering mode memory? Is it possible to combine the files and be able to work on them without crashing? One file is 13MB and the other is 20MB.
Thanks.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:06:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

The program's behavior in 3D depends of your system capabilities (processor, memory, video card, etc.).

For example, I have a very good desktop, so I was able to render a shopping mall with 500 Mb. But, if I render a Victorian house in my netbook, probably it will crash.

Tips:
If your system doesn't include good capabilities, the best option is the rational use of resources.
1 - Develop the constructive aspects of house first, (walls, roof, floors, doors, windows, etc.) and add the furniture at the end.
2 - Develop the topography with a low quality definition.
3 - To use fewer resources, use the Render Options: hide the unnecessary elements and reduce the quality. These options can be changed later.
4 - Working in Clear View mode increases the speed.
5 - If you are working in the interior of the house, deactivate the topography.
6 - If you are working in the exterior of the house, deactivate the interior furniture and interior lights.

Hope this helps!
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store