logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Toulousaing  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:07:02 AM(UTC)
Toulousaing

France

Hi there,

I just noticed that the text "center" doesn't show up in a circle for example, if you swap from the "Circle/Oval" tool in the Detail tab to the "Select/Move objects" tool when autosnap is ON.

We still have the "on", "midpoint" and "endpoint" texts but no more "center". Crying
Why?

Doc sez (p. 55): "Object Center displays the center of an object as you drag to place within its bounds. A useful example would be centering a lamp on a table". Doesn't work for me (v19 & v20).

It is an issue because, once you have left the "Circle/Oval" tool there is no way to find the center of the circle you draw anymore (well, I didn't find any).

Thanks.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:59:48 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

in this case, the word "center" means the geometric center of the shape, and it is the handle point of this shape. In other words, in this case, it is the point where you can pick and move the shape. for example.

Now, when you are hovering over a wall and you see "midpoint" or "endpoint", they are snap points to insert an element. In other words, if you are going to insert a sink, for example, and you place it in the "midpoint", the sink will be inserted in the middle of the wall length.

Hope this helps! Smile
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
Toulousaing on 8/16/2018(UTC)