logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Laughlin, Tom  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:02:12 PM(UTC)
Laughlin, Tom

I'm using Home & Landscape Design ver 18.0.1.1015 (Essentials, I presume, since there is no other qualifier in the title).
This is running on HP portable with 16GB RAM and AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, Windows 10.

I've pulled two objects from the Furnishings dropdown ( a fireplace and an electric double wall oven) into my project. The objects are displayed in the 3d window but not shown in the 2d floor plan. The objects cannot be selected in the 3d window, so I am unable to manipulate or delete the objects. Any suggestions on how to access and delete these wayward objects ?
Thanks for any input.

Tom L
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:24:59 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Tom L.

Some tips to find your objects:

Finding objects in 2D
Start with the first level, in the first tab (Foundation) and go over the following tabs (Floor, Electrical, etc). Repeat the process for all the floors, with all the tabs , until you find the objects.

Finding objects in 3D
If you wish to select the objects in liveview, you can use the 3D selection tool (arrow icon => Live view screen). You can select items just on the active floor / tab. So, if you click on the object in live view and it doesn't become active in the plan, try with other level /tab (try all the levels independently of the level where the object seems to be)

I suggest to work with liveview / half view so you can control the plan and the live view at the same time.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Laughlin, Tom  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:57:21 PM(UTC)
Laughlin, Tom

Thanks for your reply Patricia.

I had previously tried all the suggestions regarding tools. 2D/3D layouts and floor selection, but tried them all again just to be sure. Still no luck. I have come to the realization that each of the troublesome objects that I can see in 3D but cannot click to select, and cannot even see in 2D layout (whether full screen or side by side) are all objects that are NOT attached to walls - in addition to the three objects mentioned previously, I've now got the same issue with what I believe is a free-standing base cabinet ( can't tell for sure since I cannot select it) with a range-top added to it. Wondered if that qualification regarding wall attachment prompts any other thoughts about the issue. One more bit of info - I just added a bookshelf cabinet to the wall that sits next to the fireplace, then increased the depth and it extends right thru the fireplace, with the fireplace bricks showing thru the cabinet shelves. Still cannot select the fireplace with the 3D pointer, but can select the bookcase. I've even gone so far as to remove the wall and the bookcase altogether - the phantom fireplace is still shown in 3D only, but still is not selectable, and consequently cannot be removed.

Thanks for your input.
Tom
Laughlin, Tom  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:04:32 PM(UTC)
Laughlin, Tom

Patricia -

One other possible clue I failed to mention. When I "File | Print 3D View", the phantom fireplace prints, but when printing the 2D view for the same floor, the object is not displayed. So printing results are exactly what is shown on the split 2D/3D screen in both printouts. ????

Tom
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:06:35 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Tom,

In order to identify the problem, I'd need to see the file.

You can attach your Punch file to your post (zip the file first)
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store