logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ggspiper  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:31:22 PM(UTC)
ggspiper

I have been using Punch! for years now, and have never had this problem. I like to put the screen on split 2D/3D view and after I'm into it for a bit, the 3D screen goes completely black and the file gets corrupted.

I really hope I don't have to buy a brand new computer just so I can use this program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:39:36 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Some issues can be related to hardware you are using. Please, post any information you have on your system (operating system, memory, video card, etc).

Also, please inform the size of the PRO file when it gets corrupted.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Jay G  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 11:22:36 AM(UTC)
Jay G

United States

I had the same issue. I too found it only happens when some objects, usually kitchen cabinets, are loaded and split screen is used. I had just bought a state of the art PC with a very expensive video card because I had slow rendering with my older machine, but no other issues. I went back and forth with the PC company and Punch support. Finally the video card manufacture, (Nvidia), came up with a driver that worked. I cant say it is totally fixed but I have had only 1 crash in 100 hours of use rather then more then I could count. I also no longer wind up with hours of work destroyed when it does happen.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 2:17:58 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Nvidia video cards don't provide good results for rendering purposes. They are good for gaming, but not for rendering, because they prioritize speed over quality, and usually, as result of this, when you try to render a heavy file (in Mb) the system crashes.
Currently, I am using a VC by Nvidia, but I am not happy with the results. Probably, soon, I will change it => I'll buy a VC by ATI. I used ATI in the past, and it worked great with Punch.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store