logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dave.t  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:20:54 PM(UTC)
dave.t

United States

Hi all,

If you are using v.19 or earlier of Home Design Studio Complete for the Mac, and are considering buying the upgrade to v.20, my opinion is: wait.

And if you did upgrade to v.20, make sure you work on a copy of your v.19 file to preserve your v.19 file. At least then, you can go back to v.19 if you want.

As a couple of my posts have indicated, there is what I would term a major problem with adding dimensions in the elevation editor view. I can't add new dimensions nor can I delete old ones created using v.19. Punch support is aware of this bug and hopefully a fix will be out soon. I sent them my file a couple of weeks ago, and the issue was confirmed, so I don't have reason to suspect it's only in my file.

Also, there are problems with the tools in the 3D views. For example, sometimes I can't switch from the "walkthrough" tool to the "select objects" tool. In addition, the "select objects" tool most times does not actually select the desired component when clicking on it. Not sure if Punch support is aware of this or not.

There are likely other bugs that power users (not me) are running into, but these alone are making me sorry I upgraded.

FWIW,
Dave

Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:53:59 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Dave,

Although I agree that the dimensions in elevation mode issues are a bug, and of course, I don't like bugs, as you probably know, bugs are a common occurrence in the software, electronics, and cars worlds. In this particular case, this bug was discovered when the program was almost released. So, it was impossible to fix it before the release.

I am not sure what do you mean with "there are problems with the tools in the 3D views" Confused. Perhaps you still have problems with your mouse as you previously wrote?

Also, I am not sure why do you think that "There are likely other bugs that power users (not me) are running into" Huh. I consider myself a power user, I beta test the programs and I didn't find any other bug.

In the meantime, Punch / Encore offer a 30-day money back guarantee for purchases, so feel free to return your V20 program. Or let us know if you have specific questions regarding the programs.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
dave.t on 6/19/2019(UTC)