logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Forum Host  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:47:55 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi there,

I created a new topic because not all the issues are the same. Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
458Lott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:16:09 PM(UTC)
458Lott

Here is my situation. I have been using Punch Home and Landscape Premium V20 (20.0.0.1015) for about a year now. Over the last month; on some files once I have a basic floorplan, roof, and a few furnishings the program will start to slow down after performing several "Undo" functions under Edit menu (like undoing added Length Dimensions, etc.) and/or going into 3D viewer. The program gets extremely slow to the point that is not responsive and then does not save changes, nor allows "Save As" function work any longer. The indication in the 3D viewer is the view portion of the window comes up blacked out.

This does not happen on all of my files, some are larger files (that have not been corrupted) than the one that just recently failed on me.

Here is the worst part:
- Punch! Pro v20 somehow manages to corrupt the .PRO file on the hard drive to 0 KB size. In other words, it wipes out the entire content of the file.

So, I am working along on my design that I have been saving every so often and the above occurs. ALL of my work, not just recent changes, all of the work is lost because the file got wiped out, and there is no recovery file anywhere for it, either.

I have tried to replicate this on an earlier file version of the last file that failed and have not been able to replicate. I do not believe it is a hardware issue. I believe what is occurring is that after the undo function is used it somehow gets into a loop and starts undoing the complete file.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I am almost giving up this application because it keeps destroying ALL of my work, not just new changes I make.

COmputer Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-1M8EV0O
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP 15 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.31, 7/14/2015
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.47 GB
Available Physical Memory 564 MB
Total Virtual Memory 7.26 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.95 GB

Video/graphics Card
Name AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9830&SUBSYS_2330103C&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&0&08
Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9830), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series
Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)

Thank you.
458Lott  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:29:54 PM(UTC)
458Lott

Originally Posted by: Forum Host Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

I created a new topic because not all the issues are the same. Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.

I followed your directions as stated above. I fully understand that not all issues are the same but the issue that was described is the same as what is occurring with me. I was trying to find out if it got resolved and how. Gives me a starting point before I throw it out to everyone.
Thanks
Forum Host  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:30:41 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
The issues are similar but not the same. I see some different problems in your post, starting with the fact that you are using a different program (You are using Premium and the OP uses Professional).

This is why we ask our users to start different threads describing their issues separately and place their questions in the Forum's specific folders of their programs.

I'd suggest that you contact Punch Tech Support so they can review the issues, hardware, etc.

In the meantime, I am moving this post to the Premium section.
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]