logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Melchior, Ed  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 3:03:39 AM(UTC)
Melchior, Ed

United States

I'm trying to set up basic floor plans for my wood-shop inside my basement. I have all of the room dimensions set. I want to be able to place objects such as workbenches, table saws, oscillating sanders, drill press, and some other things. The only object of the ones I named above I can find is a workbench. I can resize it to the size of my workbenches, but i can't find out how to name it so the name appears on the floor plan (I have multiple workbenches, with different naming needs). I'd also like to be able to create new objects, or import them from somewhere. My needs are pretty basic - I don't want or need fully rendered objects with height and accurate images. I'd be happy with something that I can size to the appropriate floor area and have a label that I can connect to the object. I know I can set a text annotation, but I can't figure out how to group them with an object. I can command-click on the object and the annotation before dragging, but I'd like to simply group them so I can simplify the dragging (and any rotating I need to do).

I've been able to copy objects to the user library, but I can't modify them or rename them in any way. I see reference to the Custom Workshop Pro in the manual, but it does not show in my options under "Design > Launch PowerTool". Probably a different version of Design Studio, but I can't find the feature listings of the various versions.

I'm hoping to avoid buying a separate floor plan program.

Thanks for any ideas anyone might have, or a pointer to the correct place in the manual so I can figure it out myself.
Home Design Essentials 21 (Mac)
macOS Monterey
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 3:59:45 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

The right tool to create 3D objects is 3DCW Pro, not included with your program (see this chart)

Another option: import a Sketchup object (File => Import)

Hope this helps
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
Melchior, Ed on 11/20/2022(UTC)
Melchior, Ed  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2022 5:43:08 AM(UTC)
Melchior, Ed

United States

Thanks for the confirmation, the link was very helpful. To be able to get that tool, I’d have to upgrade at the cost of an additional $129, or $299 depending on the specific upgrade details.

I figured out how to use OmniGraffle Pro (which I already have) to do the floor planning. It’ll probably be a better solution for my specific needs as I don’t need the advanced features of the Punch! software.

Thanks much for the response!
Home Design Essentials 21 (Mac)
macOS Monterey
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2022 3:41:35 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
You're welcome! Cool

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store