logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tom77  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2024 11:41:59 AM(UTC)
Tom77

Ireland

Hi,

I`m trying to import pdf site map from house designer to design the garden for a customer. Previously I was able to get the pdf file working for other customer although the system was unbelievably laggy, this time after import the system freezing, I`m not even able to place any objects.

I tried to upload jpeg image following import suggestion, however there in no option to import image files under the Import menu? When I tried to use all other options I got failed error message?

Also I dont have Photoshop subscription (the amount of designs I do wont justify the monthly cost at the moment) to keep converting pdf to images which is premium service, and thought simply using pdfs would be much straight forward as per the features of the program....

Thanks
Forum Host  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2024 2:08:22 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello,

Please inform the name of your program (Punch Architectural Series or A3D Platinum, or, etc).

Different programs include different features, so we need the information in order to provide the correct solutions.
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
Tom77  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2024 4:14:40 PM(UTC)
Tom77

Ireland

Architect 3D Landscape
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2024 5:05:39 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: Tom77 Go to Quoted Post
I`m trying to import pdf site map from house designer to design the garden for a customer. Previously I was able to get the pdf file working for other customer although the system was unbelievably laggy, this time after import the system freezing, I`m not even able to place any objects.
In my experience, this depends of the PDF file and its quality. Make sure that the file is a floorplan composed by ungrouped lines.

I tried to upload jpeg image following import suggestion, however there in no option to import image files under the Import menu? When I tried to use all other options I got failed error message?
The trace files are imported in the Design => Floor Plan Trace Properties section.

Also I dont have Photoshop subscription (the amount of designs I do wont justify the monthly cost at the moment) to keep converting pdf to images which is premium service, and thought simply using pdfs would be much straight forward as per the features of the program....
You don't need a Photoshop subscription to convert your PDF files to images. As a matter of fact, both programs are not related. Adobe PDF reader is free or you can open a PDF for free with any browser or you can use Acrobat online converter (also free) to convert your PDFs to images.

Last week, I posted a mini tutorial about importing files in my Facebook page.

Architect 3D, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.

If you are interested, check my Architect 3D eBooks. My eBooks include several tutorials about importing and converting files.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Tom77  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2024 10:43:14 AM(UTC)
Tom77

Ireland

Thanks for reply,

Great, didnt know you can convert using the online tool so will try that.

In regards to the uploading you suggested "The trace files are imported in the Design => Floor Plan Trace Properties section." There is no such option under the Design menu- see attached photo.

There is "Work on Plant" and "Work on Floor" but even under those there is no "Floor Plan Trace Properties section"

design import.png (51kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Tom77  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2024 10:46:05 AM(UTC)
Tom77

Ireland

the photo quality is poor, will try uploading closer shot
Capture.JPG (27kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2024 2:22:22 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

There is no such option under the Design menu
Please, check this issue with Tech Support
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store