logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RandyB  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 5:17:03 PM(UTC)
RandyB

I have the same unable to apply (drag a new selected texture to a region in the 3D window) a different texture to a ground fill region (either the selected new texture is not applied or is applied to some other region or some other object in the foundation plan) that was described in the Punch! Home&Landscape Design Essentials-> [V15] Can't Drag and Drop Textures forum thread. (http://forums.punchsoftware.com/posts/t19732--V15--Can-t-Drag-and-Drop-Textures)

Similarly, the eye-dropper select and display the 3D "object"/region does not reliably show the actual texture. It may show that os some other region/object/property line fill. No matter if one zooms in to only that region.

EXCEPT my system and software are NOT outdated as was mentioned in the V15 post response.

The same inability/random application of a new texture issue occurs in my V21 Home & Design Studio (v21.0.0.1026), running a fully and completed updated/current Windows 11 PC system & all drivers, my video adapter mode is set to 1920x1080 True-color 32bit, Intel UHD Graphics 630, RGB color format, standard dynamic range, 128MB dedicated video memory, 6214MB total graphics memory.

The V15 issue implied some video card settings to "fix". Any such for new and up to dated software both Punch and Windows?
Thanks RandyB

PS: Sure would be nice to able to right click on a regions/object in the landscape plan view and select/apply a new texture instead of the only via the #D view drag & drop method. Seems like it would be 100% more reliable and easy to use method.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 9:28:16 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: RandyB Go to Quoted Post
I have the same unable to apply (drag a new selected texture to a region in the 3D window) a different texture to a ground fill region (either the selected new texture is not applied or is applied to some other region or some other object in the foundation plan) that was described in the Punch! Home&Landscape Design Essentials-> [V15] Can't Drag and Drop Textures forum thread. (http://forums.punchsoftware.com/posts/t19732--V15--Can-t-Drag-and-Drop-Textures)
Similarly, the eye-dropper select and display the 3D "object"/region does not reliably show the actual texture. It may show that os some other region/object/property line fill. No matter if one zooms in to only that region.
EXCEPT my system and software are NOT outdated as was mentioned in the V15 post response.
The same inability/random application of a new texture issue occurs in my V21 Home & Design Studio (v21.0.0.1026), running a fully and completed updated/current Windows 11 PC system & all drivers, my video adapter mode is set to 1920x1080 True-color 32bit, Intel UHD Graphics 630, RGB color format, standard dynamic range, 128MB dedicated video memory, 6214MB total graphics memory.
The V15 issue implied some video card settings to "fix". Any such for new and up to dated software both Punch and Windows?

V15 is a (very) old program, therefore the V15 issues are not related with your V21 issues.

For Punch V21: Go to => Edit => Preferences => System => Graphics => Hardware Acceleration. By default, the level of the accelerations is "Full" => Move the control to the center and see if your issue is solved. If not, move the control to the left (None) => check if your issue is solved.

PS: Sure would be nice to able to right click on a regions/object in the landscape plan view and select/apply a new texture instead of the only via the #D view drag & drop method. Seems like it would be 100% more reliable and easy to use method.

Did you check / use the Decorator Palette and the SmartWand?

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
RandyB  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 10:50:52 PM(UTC)
RandyB

Yes, I understand that the old V15 post is related to an old outdated version.
What I was evidently not clear about in my post was that the identical issue described in that post is what I am experiencing with my NEW UPDATED V21 version of the program.

I was not aware of the Decorator Pallette/SmartWand but the same issue of not properly dragging & dropping another texture in the 3D view works occurs when using it. (I placed several textures into a group in the Decorator Pallette, dragged a texture from the Pallette onto a region)
I get this incorrect and random behavior, using either Pallette or texture library, from nothing happening at all or another object (ie, a fence, post, another ground fill region) gets the selected new texture.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2022 11:12:35 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Please, check again my previous answer.

Yes, I understand that the old V15 post is related to an old outdated version.
What I was evidently not clear about in my post was that the identical issue described in that post is what I am experiencing with my NEW UPDATED V21 version of the program.

The symptoms look the same, but the solution is different. As several video cards showed the same problems in the OLD versions, for the NEW versions, the Punch programmers created a tool within the program to solve the issue.
This is the solution as per my previous answer.

For Punch V21: Go to => Edit => Preferences => System => Graphics => Hardware Acceleration. By default, the level of the accelerations is "Full" => Move the control to the center and see if your issue is solved. If not, move the control to the left (None) => check if your issue is solved.

I was not aware of the Decorator Pallette/SmartWand but the same issue of not properly dragging & dropping another texture in the 3D view works occurs when using it. (I placed several textures into a group in the Decorator Pallette, dragged a texture from the Pallette onto a region)
I get this incorrect and random behavior, using either Pallette or texture library, from nothing happening at all or another object (ie, a fence, post, another ground fill region) gets the selected new texture

The Decorator Pallette/SmartWand answer was not related with the V15 issue. It is related with the different ways to apply textures.

Any other suggestions?

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the User Guide (this is important), see the videos => In order to get started, try to create elements or a simple plan not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and solutions.
RandyB  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 12:21:12 AM(UTC)
RandyB

Thank you very much. That solved the issue by putting Punch hardware acceleration to None.
My apologies, I did not understand that the "Edit => Preferences => System => Graphics => Hardware Acceleration" instruction was a H&L Design setting and not a Windows PC setting.
Yes, I agree and do learn a lot by trying out items, looking up help, searching online and that is a good way to learn and solve issues.
R
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 1:33:45 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Glad to know the problem is solved! ThumpUp