logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smischler1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2023 9:14:51 PM(UTC)
smischler1

United States

I have added a number of trees and shrubs to my plan under the landscape tab. I would like to "hide" the plants in the 2d view, but retain other patio and landscape items in the tab. Is this possible? It would be nice if I could add additional tabs (layers) so that I could turn on/off items more easily.

Thanks,

Scott
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2023 10:20:11 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Say you placed the plants in the Floor tab and you want to visualize the elements in the Floor tab without the plants.

Step 1 - Select the plant(s) => Main Menu => Edit => Move to Plan => select the desired plan (for example, Landscape tab).
Step 2 - In the Floor tab => Properties bar (right of the screen) => Visible plans => unselect the Landscape tab.
In this way, in the Floor tab you will see the elements included in this tab, but you won't see the elements included in the Landscape tab.

Notice that you can use this method with elements not attached to walls. So, for example, you can't use this method with Components such as cabinets, for example.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
smischler1  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2023 2:11:44 PM(UTC)
smischler1

United States

So, to be clear, the only option is to move the plant items to a different tab. That would be a short term solution, but then the items in the "different" tab will be "corrupted" by the plant items. I ultimately deleted all the plants and saved the project under a new name. Unfortunately, now any changes to the new project will not be translated to the previous project.

Thank you for your time, Patricia.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2023 3:12:58 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: smischler1 Go to Quoted Post
So, to be clear, the only option is to move the plant items to a different tab. That would be a short term solution
It is not a short term solution: as a matter of fact, until V22, the plants' grow tool was placed directly and only in the Landscape tab. However, the programmers changed this setting in V22 to allow more flexibility.

That would be a short term solution, but then the items in the "different" tab will be "corrupted" by the plant items.
Corrupted? What do you mean?
This is one of the program's concepts => in Punch, the program understands your drawing and all the elements are linked. So, for example, placing each element in the related tab is reflected in the BOM (bill of materials).If you don't want to place the plants in the Landscape tab, place the plants in the Detail tab.

I ultimately deleted all the plants and saved the project under a new name
IMO, not a good idea for Home Design purposes.

Thank you for your time, Patricia.
You're welcome!Cool
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store