logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TreyDay  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2024 2:03:10 AM(UTC)
TreyDay

Hello. I would like to have an exterior side of a door be one color and the interior side be another color. Is it possible to do this?
as4000user  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2024 4:17:15 AM(UTC)
as4000user

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is the materials/color selector not allowing you to do this? (ie. picking one side of the door color automatically changes the entirety/other side of the door)

It's a relatively minor detail but if it's just for the sake of a production (photos, videos of the 3D tour) surely you could just add a 3D photo of the desired appearance of the door, adjust it so it's just sitting at the edge of the door (rotate it, size it, etc). A bit hackish, but it works. I do this for simulating paintings/artwork in hallways.

Best of luck!

(note: you will likely get a much better more accurate response from a professional very soon, I am just a random Punch! user who happens to enjoy this forum lol)

thanks 1 user thanked as4000user for this useful post.
TreyDay on 7/8/2024(UTC)
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2024 1:45:26 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Hi there,

First, an important concept: in Punch, doors and windows created with the door / window tools and power tools are components (not objects), therefore, some properties (such as the panels' properties) can't be changed.

Originally Posted by: TreyDay Go to Quoted Post
an exterior side of a door be one color and the interior side be another color. Is it possible to do this?
You can't change the material / color of the different sides of the panel of a door created with the Door Tool, however, you can use a work around:
Step 1: using the Door Tool, create a cased opening with the desired dimensions (in white in the image below).
Step 2: Add the door panel(s) as objects => the Furnishing library includes a panels as objects (pointed in green in the image below) or you can create your own panels using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool.
As you can see in the image, you can change the colors or materials, duplicate the door, rotate it, etc.

Door.JPG (59kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

Note that you can use two different colors / materials on the exterior / interior sides of the trim (windows / doors).

Originally Posted by: as4000user Go to Quoted Post
Is the materials/color selector not allowing you to do this?
It is not possible => see my comment above about objects and components.

surely you could just add a 3D photo of the desired appearance of the door, adjust it so it's just sitting at the edge of the door (rotate it, size it, etc).
Problem is that looks deformed when you rotate it and it is not accounted in the Estimator.

I am just a random Punch! user who happens to enjoy this forum lol
Glad to know that you like our Forum!ThumpUp

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
TreyDay on 7/8/2024(UTC)