logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Redflash  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2024 10:36:43 PM(UTC)
Redflash

United States

I am running an Intel system running Intel Core iy-6700, 32GB RAM, 1TB HD, Windows 10 verion 22H2 OS Build 19045.4894 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19060.1000.0.

I have been using since Punch Series 4000 was released and upgrading along the way. I have seen many issues with the software that even to this day have yet to be resolved. I upgraded a couple months ago to Arch version 24.0.0.1010, and I'm about to quit and learn a new package because issues just don't seem to get addressed. I have run the software on at least 6 different computers over the years, and the issues occur across all hardware platforms and OS versions.

1)The Ceiling Designer locks up when started and CANNOT be used. In the prior version it would start at some point, but would take up to 2 minutes. With version 24 I have let it set for 10 minutes and it just stays in the NO RESPONSE mode with an hour glass mouse cursor....

2) After I add a good amount of rooms (say 20+) I can no longer rename rooms without having to use all lower case letters. If I try to start it with UPPERCASE, it will not ever allow a character to be entered. I can add another room elsewhere on the other side of the house and it will be fine. But if I try to add a room next to the one with the naming issue, it will name it as that room and will not let me change it to an uppercase, only lowercase...

3) One that has been present for more than 10 years; when you try to use the Material Library and say add colors to a room or exterior or metal panel to the roofing, it will take forever, like a minute plus sometimes before it pops up the question about just the one object or all. And at some point it no longer displays the question about if you want to apply it to the one object or all objects and just abort. This has been going on for years now.....

4) Why can't I cut a 2x4 wall and splice a 2x6 where I need vent stacks in a bathroom? If you draw a 4" wall, then go back and cut 5' out and want to change it to a 6" wall, as soon as you finish and release the mouse on the 6" section the software will make it 4". And worse, if you need the 6" wall is an outer wall and meets a wall at an intersect, you can get the corner to close because as soon as you click it to close the corner it makes all the walls 6"...
The only way is to HACK IT, you have to draw the 6" wall besides the wall in question, and then move it into place. And if its an outer wall that meets a corner, you have to draw a short 1" - 2"x4" stub wall at 90 and then move the 6" wall to meet it, otherwise the corner will not show correctly in framing. These are just extra steps that are not needed.
Forum Host  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2024 10:43:40 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I think that there is a hardware /memory problem. However, from this website, I can't access your computer, hardware, etc.
Note that I never experienced the issues / delays that you listed in your post.

I'd suggest that you submit a ticket and discuss the issue with Tech Support.
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
thanks 1 user thanked Forum Host for this useful post.
Redflash on 10/25/2024(UTC)