logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EricaD  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 4:50:24 PM(UTC)
EricaD

United States

Using Landscape Deck & Patio v 18.0.1.1015 (the latest). I bought this software because it was advertised as having the ability to import .dwg files.
I have been trying to do this, with zero success. I have a project started with my the foundation footprint of my house.

I want to import a .dwg of the plot plant so that I can have an accurate property line and accurate placement of other surveyed points on my property (I need this for official use).
My .dwg has no xrefs, I have tried converting it to both 2004 and 2000 versions, neither has been successful. I go to the File menu and select "Import" then "DXF/DWG File", then select the scale (feet, though I have tried inches as well to see if would make a difference -- it did not). Then absolutely nothing happens. No error, no crash, no imported file. NOTHING.

I have tried followed the steps in the "mini tutorial", but the tutorial assumes the file imports OK. I have read through all the forum discussions I can find -- everyone seems to be referred to the ebook and tutorial, which as I said were not helpful.

Does anyone know if this works at all, or am I completely wasting my time here?
Thanks!
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2018 6:42:10 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

First and very important!
Originally Posted by: EricaD Go to Quoted Post
Using Landscape Deck & Patio v 18.0.1.1015 (the latest).

Landscape Deck and Patio V18 is not the latest version of this program. The latest version is V20. You can see the details in this page of the main website.

Yes, the V18 program imports dwg files, however, sometimes, this process is tricky because not all the CAD files are created in the same way. So, the issue is not within Punch, it is a CAD file problem.

If you already saw the DWG import tutorial in my website, I'd suggest that you also check the additional tutorial in my Facebook page => this tutorial includes a CAD file that you can download + import and see that, if the CAD file is correct, the DWG import process works without problems.

Let us know if you are still experiencing problems.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store