logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
awilcox1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 12:35:12 PM(UTC)
awilcox1

For the past couple of weeks, Everytime I try to print to my HP 6500 Punch software (V21) crashes, it didn't do that before. Also, when I try to save a 3d image and do a photo rendering, the software also crashes, what's going on. My software did not do that before. I have the latest version of windows 10.é The pilots seem to be up to date also.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 2:34:06 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

I'd say that it is a hardware problem.

- If your video card is integrated, usually, these cards don't have a good performance for rendering purposes. Anyway, I'd suggest that you verify / check / update the settings and drivers of your video card.
- Large files need more Ram memory, so close any other application, browsers, etc..
- Go to => Edit => Preferences => System => Graphics => Hardware Acceleration. By default, the level of the accelerations is "Full" => Move the control to the center and see if your issue is solved. If not, move the control to the left (None) => check if your issue is solved.

If the tips above don't solve the issue, I'd recommend that you contact tech support so they can check the issues in your computer (software and hardware), OS settings, etc. as well as your system, limitations, etc.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
awilcox1  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 10:42:25 PM(UTC)
awilcox1

Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

I'd say that it is a hardware problem.

- If your video card is integrated, usually, these cards don't have a good performance for rendering purposes. Anyway, I'd suggest that you verify / check / update the settings and drivers of your video card.
- Large files need more Ram memory, so close any other application, browsers, etc..
- Go to => Edit => Preferences => System => Graphics => Hardware Acceleration. By default, the level of the accelerations is "Full" => Move the control to the center and see if your issue is solved. If not, move the control to the left (None) => check if your issue is solved.

If the tips above don't solve the issue, I'd recommend that you contact tech support so they can check the issues in your computer (software and hardware), OS settings, etc. as well as your system, limitations, etc.

Hope this helps.

I have the same computer and hardware for the past year or so and never had the problem before. I've recently had help adding more objects in my V21 adding a data file. I I print a 2d or 3d plan, I have no problem with my HP laser jet printer, but if I print with my HP inkjet, it crashes. dido if I try photo rendering, but not when I do other types...so far
Forum Host  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 10:48:07 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello,

We can't check these hardware issues from here, so please, proceed as stated in the post above.

Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post

Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]