logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
williams57  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 10:27:42 PM(UTC)
williams57

United States

I recently upgraded to V21 and to be honest I never really used my old version but now that I am retired I want to draw my tri level home so I can design a new kitchen addition and I have not figured out how to create the tri level with the lower level being partially in the ground below level 1 and above the basement. Then I would need to create the second level above the lower level, any help out there?
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 12:22:44 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

When you start a project, you will see the "New Project Setup" screen (see image below) => use this screen to determine the different parameters and elevations of your project.

Originally Posted by: williams57 Go to Quoted Post
I have not figured out how to create the tri level with the lower level being partially in the ground below level 1 and above the basement.

Therefore, answering your question, the height "H" (pointed with a red arrow in the image below) marks desired height above grade => set this height as necessary.

Some additional tips Smile :
Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => In order to get started, try to create elements or a simple plan not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and solutions.

Also, if you are interested, check my eBook for V21 Windows programs:

Learning Punch! Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for Version 21 The perfect companion for your V21 Punch! program.
More than 610 pages and more than 1300 color images (showing the new features, tutorials, screen guides, tables, examples, rendering results and screenshots).
In addition, get our new offer: buy you new eBook and get Interactive Tutorial - Getting Started for free! (a $9.99 gift) => this interactive tutorial explains step by step how to start a project.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store