logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bloemer, Dan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 3:05:40 PM(UTC)
Bloemer, Dan

I'm using Architectural Series version 21.0.0.1023 on a PC running Win10Pro. I'm currently replicating an existing home in AS21.

1. That home does not sit on a North-South axis, so every wall is angled with respect to North. How do I accurately draw new wall sections (or edit the angle of existing sections) to be exactly the correct angle with respect to North?
2. Some walls extend the length of the house, with other walls extending off of them at right angles. I initially drew the outside walls of the house. How do I connect an interior wall to an intersection of two exterior wall segments? Alternatively, how do I extend an exterior wall segment into the house when it is already connected to another exterior wall segment at a corner? If I try to pull on that node, it pulls both wall segments together rather than extending the one segment farther into the house.
3. Is there a way to draw guidelines on the display that are not structural elements, but merely helps to the designer to align objects? For example, I have two walls, separated from each other, that are in line with each other (parallel, but not intersecting - a space between them). If I could draw a guideline, I could line them up accurately.

Thanks for your insight.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 6:01:00 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bloemer, Dan Go to Quoted Post

1. That home does not sit on a North-South axis, so every wall is angled with respect to North. How do I accurately draw new wall sections (or edit the angle of existing sections) to be exactly the correct angle with respect to North?

You can draw the wall with the desired length => select the wall => rotate using the desired angle => plaice it in the floorplan.

2. Some walls extend the length of the house, with other walls extending off of them at right angles. I initially drew the outside walls of the house. How do I connect an interior wall to an intersection of two exterior wall segments? Alternatively, how do I extend an exterior wall segment into the house when it is already connected to another exterior wall segment at a corner? If I try to pull on that node, it pulls both wall segments together rather than extending the one segment farther into the house.

Not sure what do you mean? There are several options. (User Guide - Page 197) - ( eBook for Punch V21 Windows Version - Drawing walls - Page 39 )

3. Is there a way to draw guidelines on the display that are not structural elements, but merely helps to the designer to align objects? For example, I have two walls, separated from each other, that are in line with each other (parallel, but not intersecting - a space between them). If I could draw a guideline, I could line them up accurately.

Use the drawing elements in the Detail Tab => select the line or shape => rotate using the desired angle => use the align controls (bottom of the screen) to align the walls.

Another option => draw the entire floorplan on a North / South axis => Go to => Edit => Rotate the entire plan.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Bloemer, Dan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 8:33:19 PM(UTC)
Bloemer, Dan

Patricia,

Thanks for that quick response. To follow up:

When you suggest "rotate using the desired angle", I don't know how to rotate a wall segment to, for example, exactly 48.5 degrees from vertical. I know you can use the rotation tool to freehand rotate a segment, but that is not a fine control. In addition, I don't know how to see what the rotation angle is for an existing rotated wall segment (e.g. to compare two segments to ensure they are exactly parallel).

With regard to question two, what I mean is that I have an existing wall segment connected to another in a L shape. I want to add another segment to make it a T segment. The section in the User Guide you referenced does not discuss that operation, and I only just learned about your more extensive manual.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 10:18:39 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)

When you suggest "rotate using the desired angle", I don't know how to rotate a wall segment to, for example, exactly 48.5 degrees from vertical.

See the image below. Use Design => Rotate. Or double click the Rotate icon (outlined in blue) and write the desired angle.
Rotate.jpg (46kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

With regard to question two, what I mean is that I have an existing wall segment connected to another in a L shape. I want to add another segment to make it a T segment.

Copy the wall => Rotate 90°

The section in the User Guide you referenced does not discuss that operation.

It shows the different properties of walls. Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important) => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store