logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Redflash  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2022 7:37:07 PM(UTC)
Redflash

United States

I am using a licensed version of V21, drawings that I started with in V17.5->V20 and now pulled over to V21 will not measure from the wall surface, always measuring from the center of the wall cavity (i.e. on 4" walls, the room measurement is always centered 2" in the wall on both sides, giving a measurement 4" off).

No matter how I set 2D->Dimensions & Fonts->2D Options->Dimensioning and Fonts->Automatic Dimensions-> Wall Attachment Dimensions: Position from edges. As well as Wall Style->Dimensions->Auto-Dimension: Surfaces (radio button, which is greyed out for some reason). It will not change the cursor measurements to use Surface and ALWAYS uses Centers.

I am at my wits end trying to figure out what option in Punch controls where the cursor measurements take place from.... Since you can't use Microsoft Snipping Tool to take a snapshot of Punch with the Cursor Measurement active, I had to take a pic with my cell phone, attached. These two cabins are the same dimension (16' across), pin on the left shows proper cursor dimensions of 15'-4", one on right shows 15'-8" which is 2" into the center of both the north and south walls.....

I have seen multiple post on this, but no real answer!!!

Punch.jpg (83kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2022 8:59:27 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

This is an old issue. The issue is the room space definition => The room dimensions (label) show the dims between the axis of the walls. The wall to wall dimension tools show the distance between the surfaces of the walls.

A workaround:
1 - Click in the center of the room => deactivate the label (Name, Dimensions and Area)
2 - Go to the Detail tab => using the polygon shape => outline the desired area (Kitchen, for example) => select the polygon => Properties bar => calculate area
3 - Using the dimension tools => take the room dims.
4 - Using the Text tool => Add the desired name, dims and area.

Notice that rooms with different wall thickness consider just one thickness therefore you must calculate the area as explained above.

Originally Posted by: Redflash Go to Quoted Post
I have seen multiple post on this, but no real answer!!!

There are lots of posts about this issue, such as this

Hope this helps
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store