logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DRickey  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 12:05:16 AM(UTC)
DRickey

United States

Hello all,

I want to merge two or more adjacent walls into one wall. I see a number of references that seem to indicate that all I need to do is merge them using the mouse. I can select multiple wall sections that are next to each other with the mouse and the shift key. I can then move them but they remain separate objects. I know this is dumb, but what steps do I need to perform to select these separate walls and make them one?

Thanks for any help.

Don
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 1:16:55 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

I will be glad to help but I'd need an image to visualize the issue.
Are the walls contiguous? parallels? angled?

To insert pictures in your post, please follow these instructions .

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
DRickey  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 2:50:27 AM(UTC)
DRickey

United States

Patricia,

First of all, thank you for taking a look at this issue. I'm sorry for the delay in responding, but I'm trying to figure out how to include a jpg pic of a part of my plan that will illustrate the issue I'm dealing with. There was a link for instructions on how to do this at the bottom of your post, but it references images that do not show up on my computer. I'm going to try to figure out how to do this and will hopefully be able to get this example to you shortly.

Again, thanks and sorry for the delay.

Don
DRickey  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 3:05:02 AM(UTC)
DRickey

United States

Patricia,

I am still trying to find how to include the jpg, but the instructions continue to state things like "see the image below" and there is no image on my screen. I'm sure this is something else that I'm just missing, and I will continue to try and figure it out. However, I'm going to try and describe a simple situation that you may be able to use to answer my merge question.

Just assume two stand alone horizontal walls, not connected but adjacent to each other. One is five feet long and is located one foot to the left of the other wall, which is six feet long. I can move the five foot wall on the left to the right so that it abuts right up against the six foot wall. I can move it via my mouse or the arrows on the keyboard. They are still two separate walls. What I would like to do is bring them together so that they are now one new wall 11' long.

If you can explain how to do that, it should answer my question. I'll continue to research how to include a pic if that will help.

Thanks again.

Don
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 12:26:47 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

I am not sure why you can't see the images.

screenshot.JPG (63kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Check the settings of your computer / monitor. This is important also for Punch purposes.

In addition, if you can't insert the image, try to use a free website (Dropbox, for example) to post the image.

Hope this helps.
DRickey  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 6:06:32 PM(UTC)
DRickey

United States

Wall merge.JPG (35kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Patricia,

Your pic showed me where to access the insert buttons. Thank you so much for that.

If you look at my attachment, the wall on the right is not attached to the wall at the bottom and it appears to have a wall break at the top (where a wall from the left should be joining). I would like it to be a continuous wall just like you would have continuity on exterior walls, for example.

I hope this makes sense. If this is not possible in Punch, just let me know. Also, are things like this explained in detail in your e-books?

Thanks Patricia. This beginner appreciates your responses.

Don
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 8:22:30 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting the screenshot.

Although we draw all the walls with the same tool, in a Punch floorplan, we have two types of walls: exterior and interior.
The exterior walls define the perimeter of building, house, etc and these walls are contiguous (fused). This is important because this perimeter defines several parameters. The exterior walls share the mentioned parameters, so they are fused using the mouse (as you mentioned) and look as a unit (outlined in green in the image).

The interior walls are independent so they are not contiguous and this is noted in the plan, as you can see in the image below.

Fuse.jpg (21kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

So, the short answer is that you can't remove the points joining the interior walls with the exterior walls.

Hope this helps.

DRickey  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 8:29:27 PM(UTC)
DRickey

United States

Patricia,

It absolutely does help.

Going to swing over to your website later today and pick up your ebook on version 22. I think that will be a great reference on a lot of these questions.

Again, thanks for the help.

Don
Patricia G.  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2023 8:32:52 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Always glad to help! ThumpUp