logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
L. Vaught  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 12:59:24 AM(UTC)
L. Vaught

United States

Can the open/closed property please be added to the window and door shutters property panel? Something like the angle setting for the doors. It'd be nice to be able to see the shutters open and closed easily without replacing them with the closed variety and reapplying paint.

Thanks

Shutter Property Sheet

I apologize in advance for the way that the image has to be linked. The forum software won't interpret the link as an image or allow me to upload images directly and Microsoft won't publish the image without the wrapper. I, on my part, won't go out of my way to find cloud storage that doesn't fit my typical needs which are terribly minimal.

Method of production.
Insert a window in the wall from the floor tab, select the window using the selection tool. On the right side, change the property sheet from window to shutter. Please insert the control somewhere on this sheet of properties.

[img=https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al_J5BKR0TQkjvoWDLd4nVGHdM0SWw]Shutter Property Sheet[/img]
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 3:01:30 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Originally Posted by: L. Vaught Go to Quoted Post

Shutter Property Sheet
I apologize in advance for the way that the image has to be linked. The forum software won't interpret the link as an image or allow me to upload images directly and Microsoft won't publish the image without the wrapper. I, on my part, won't go out of my way to find cloud storage that doesn't fit my typical needs which are terribly minimal.

Please, follow this tutorial.

Can the open/closed property please be added to the window and door shutters property panel? Something like the angle setting for the doors. It'd be nice to be able to see the shutters open and closed easily without replacing them with the closed variety and reapplying paint.
Thanks
Method of production.
Insert a window in the wall from the floor tab, select the window using the selection tool. On the right side, change the property sheet from window to shutter. Please insert the control somewhere on this sheet of properties.

You can open / close the shutters, but keep in mind the different models and hardware => if you close the shutters with models showing the hardware, these elements will appear on the outside.

Anyway, in order to close louvered shutters, for example:
1 - In you case, you are showing swing shutters. Examine the Properties bar => notice that the horizontal offset in the open shutters is zero (outlined in red). This means that the distance of the shutters to the trim is zero, as you can see in this image (that I am loading from my computer)

Shutter open.jpg (37kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

2 - As the shutter width is 18" (see green arrow in the image below), you just need to change the horizontal offset from 0" to -18" => as you can see the image below (that I am loading from my computer) if you change the offset to -18" (outlined in red), the shutter will appear closed.

Shutter closed.jpg (37kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Hope this helps!
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
L. Vaught  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 5:01:06 AM(UTC)
L. Vaught

United States

Just so you are aware, what your post showed me was:

Also, my toolbar looks like:

Toolbar

Note that it doesn't have the paperclip tool

I have however discovered the album function and so I'll use that.

The problem with adjusting the horizontal adjust is that it doesn't actually turn the shutters over if you are showing a shutter with hardware. See the following two images

Open Shutters

Horizontally Adjusted Shutters

Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 1:59:54 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

The problem with adjusting the horizontal adjust is that it doesn't actually turn the shutters over if you are showing a shutter with hardware.

Yes, this is exactly what I wrote in my post
Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post
You can open / close the shutters, but keep in mind the different models and hardware => if you close the shutters with models showing the hardware, these elements will appear on the outside.

The shutters, in this case are components, therefore their elements can't be changed. Of course, you can create / use the shutters as accessories, that will look as desired.

Regarding the images and tools => not sure why you don't see the images or paper clip. I sent the case to the Forum programmers.

Best,
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:02:51 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

I was told by the Forum programmers that the images' issues were fixed BigGrin

Let us know if you are still experiencing problems.