logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mvaillancourt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 12:54:02 AM(UTC)
mvaillancourt

V18-I cannot understand why the ceiling level would lower to the lowest wall height in Punch. I have two walls in a home that are 8FT tall there is a 42" Pony Wall between the two walls. If I join the pony wall between the two taller walls the ceiling height lowers to 42". Extremely annoying. I am drawing floor plans for an existing loft townhouse. The loft opening overlooks the living room. There must be a work around for this.

I also have a wall that has a pass through square hole in it. No window glass. Just a square hole in the middle of the wall. How would I do that.

Thank you.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 3:17:08 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: mvaillancourt Go to Quoted Post
V18-I cannot understand why the ceiling level would lower to the lowest wall height in Punch. There must be a work around for this.

In fact, there are 2 methods to do this:
1 - if you have two walls and you join them using the arrows of your keyboard, you are connecting the walls => this means that the walls are together but they are independent of the perimeter => they don't share the properties and work as 2 separated walls so the ceiling won't be following the lower wall elevation.
2 - Deselect the automatic ceiling and create it manually => set the desired elevation.

Originally Posted by: mvaillancourt Go to Quoted Post
I also have a wall that has a pass through square hole in it. No window glass. Just a square hole in the middle of the wall. How would I do that.

Use a window opening without frame

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and effects .

If you are interested, my eBook for the 18 programs includes several tutorials for the issues above

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
mvaillancourt  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 3:05:13 PM(UTC)
mvaillancourt

How do you upload a Jpeg image or upload a new file from my computer. Not a URL. I do not see an upload button. To add an image. When I try to open files in profile area it just says I do not have permission.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 3:38:58 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
mvaillancourt  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 4:51:38 PM(UTC)
mvaillancourt

Floor_Plan 3 After half walls.jpg (78kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

I wanted to send a copy of the 2D floor plan for the 2 issues I had mentioned before.

As far as inserting a pony wall in between the two walls. If I actually connect them they will lower the ceiling. If I connect one side and just leave the other end not connected it does not move the ceiling.

I am getting access denied when I try to insert a picture. I was getting that also when attaching but that seems to finally be working. I also get access denied when I try to access the "My Albums". But there just seems to be a complete disconnect with the software since I had registered every time. I purchased or upgraded the product it does not show I even own the product. I will contact tech support about that issue.
Forum Host  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2021 5:00:54 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Questions already answered.
Notice that, as it is clearly stated in "How to Post Images in the Forum" the option 1 ("My Albums") option is not working.

Please, contact Punch Tech Support.

Also note, that V18 is a (very) old and discontinued version.
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]