logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BCY18671  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2022 2:12:59 AM(UTC)
BCY18671

Hi,

I'm using Home and Landscape Design - Architectural Series v22.0.0.1015 with a design file created about 12 years ago from another version (v16 I think). On the old version when I did a walk through, the whole house was rendered and I was able to walk through it continuously. Now with the new version, all I get is a single frame rendering and I am not able to walk through the house at all. When I move the little man nothing happens until I let up on the mouse button, then another single frame is rendered which is at most 6 inches from the previous rendering. In other words, instead of a walk through all I get is a still picture. I've tried changing the color depth on the graphics card but that had no effect. Still, all I got was a single frame and not able to "walk" through the house.

How do I fix this?

Thank you,
Brian
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2022 2:31:45 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Some issues can be related to hardware you are using. Please, post any information you have on your system (operating system, video card, Ram, etc).

Also, can you inform the size (Mb) of your Punch file?
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
BCY18671  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2022 4:50:00 PM(UTC)
BCY18671

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Here is the information you need.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro on a 64 bit intel core i7 CPU @ 3.10GHz and 32GB RAM. The video card is Radeon RX580 with 8G video RAM. The size of the .PRO file is 19,820KB. I know this is an older system but this file used to work fine on it.

Thank you for your help,
Brian
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2022 8:17:51 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Some notes:

1 - Your computer HW is fine to run Punch V22. Just confirm that the system is updated.
2 - Unzip and open the file attached => export the animation => as you can see the program works without problems.
Design1.zip (4kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

So probably, your problem is related with the settings you used with your old program. Keep in mind that, with V22, we have different settings (for topography, textures, rendering, etc).
I'd suggest that you check if the file is rendering correctly in V22. If it is rendering correctly, delete the old path and create a new animation path and see if it works.

Hope this helps.
BCY18671  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 1:23:31 PM(UTC)
BCY18671

Hi Patricia,

I downloaded and ran the zip file you sent me. That works fine. I still have problems with my file though. It doesn't do the walk through. What settings would you suggest I change to make this work? Could it be that that Punch just can't handle a 19MB file?

Thank you,
Brian
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2023 4:50:33 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Brian,

In the past, I created an animation with a 500 Mb file, so you can be sure that Punch can handle large files.

In this case, I think that this can be a hardware problem in your computer that must checked by tech support by submitting a ticket (main website).